You can have a healthy and beautiful smile with amazingly comfortable sedation dentistry.
We use sedation dentistry to care for patients with these concerns:
- I’m afraid of needles and shots.
- I’ve had bad experiences.
- I have not been to the dentist in a long time.
- I always gag when having dental work done.
- I just can’t seem to get numb.
- All my teeth are too far gone.
Sedation Dentistry is used to calm and relax a patient prior to and during a dental appointment.
There are different degrees of central nervous system depression, each corresponding to a level of relaxation which ranges from minimal, moderate, to deep sedation. In general, minimal sedation refers to a patient who has reduced anxiety but is readily responds to verbal or physical stimulation. With moderate sedation dentisty the patient is even more relaxed, and will respond to pursposeful stimulation. In deep sedation, the patient may not exhibit any signs of consciousness and therefore be unresponsive to stimulation.